JAKAVI (Ruxolitinib) 5mg is a kinase inhibitor indicated for:
1.Approved for the treatment of patients with myelofibrosis (MF), including primary myelofibrosis, post-polycythaemia vera myelofibrosis, or post-essential thrombocythaemia myelofibrosis
2.Approved to treat patients with polycythaemia vera (PV) who are resistant or intolerant to hydroxyurea (HU)
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Doses should be individualized based on safety and efficacy. Starting doses per indication are noted below.
• The starting dose of Jakafi is based on patient’s baseline platelet count:
• Greater than 200 X 109 /L: 20 mg given orally twice daily
• 100 X 109 /L to 200 X 109 /L: 15 mg given orally twice daily
• 50 X 109 /L to less than 100 X 109 /L: 5 mg given orally twice daily
• Monitor complete blood counts every 2 to 4 weeks until doses are stabilized, and then as clinically indicated. Modify or interrupt dosing for thrombocytopenia.
• The starting dose of Jakafi is 10 mg given orally twice daily
Ruxolitinib 5mg Side Effects：
can cause serious side effects including:
Low blood cell counts. Jakafi may cause low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia), low red blood cell counts (anemia), and low white blood cell counts (neutropenia). If you develop bleeding, stop Jakafi and call your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will do a blood test to check your blood cell counts before you start Jakafi and regularly during your treatment with Jakafi. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you develop or have worsening of any of these symptoms:
• unusual bleeding • bruising • tiredness • shortness of breath • fever
Infection. You may be at risk for developing a serious infection during treatment with Jakafi. Tell your healthcare provider if you develop any of the following symptoms of infection:
• chills • aches • fever • nausea • vomiting • weakness • painful skin rash or blisters
Skin cancers. Some people who take Jakafi have developed certain types of non-melanoma skin cancers. Tell your healthcare provider if you develop any new or changing skin lesions during treatment with Jakafi.
Cholesterol increases. You may have changes in your blood cholesterol levels. Your healthcare provider will do blood tests to check your cholesterol levels during treatment with Jakafi.
The most common side effects of Jakafi include:
•low platelet count (thrombocytopenia)
•low red blood cell counts (anemia)
• bruising • dizziness • headache
Ruxolitinib 5mg Price & Cost:
Indian package Ruxolitinib 5mg’s price is only 30% of the US package by incyte .
For more Prescribing information，please check the → “FDA Prescribing Information”.